A Note About the Privacy of Children Under 13
Our website is not directed to or otherwise promoted for use by children under 13 years of age. We or third parties acting on our behalf do not knowingly collect or use any personal information of anyone under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, you are not eligible to use our website, and we ask you not to submit any personal information to us. If House of Cath learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on our website without verified parental consent, then House of Cath will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
What Personal Information We Collect
You may be asked to provide information that can be used to identify you (your "Personal Information") when you respond to certain inquiries or choose to use certain sections of our website. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, birthday or proof of age and, where appropriate, credit card number or PayPal account information. Also, when you visit our website, we or third parties acting on our behalf will place a "cookie" - a text file containing a randomly assigned number on your computer - so that we have the ability to customize the look and feel of our website for you. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may impede your use of certain of our website's features. Using embedded tracking technology, we or third parties acting on our behalf will also collect a variety of other information regarding your usage of our website, including your IP address, your username, your session ID, the name of the browser you are using, information regarding web pages you view, and information regarding referring web pages, when you access our website.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We or third parties acting on our behalf use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- to customize the look and feel of our website for you;
- to internally monitor our members’ usage of the various aspects of our website in order to enhance the products and services that we currently or will offer in the future;
- to execute financial transactions with you;
- to send you material about topics on which you have requested more information;
- and to provide you with technical and other support.
While we or third parties acting on our behalf use information about our users on an aggregated basis and will often share such data with unassociated third parties, this information, by its aggregate nature, contains none of your Personal Information. When we refer to an "unassociated" third party, we mean one that (i) is not controlled by us, (ii) does not control us, and (iii) is not controlled by the same party controlling us.
When We Disclose Your Personal Information
- if required by law, regulatory or court order, or legal process;
- if we determine that doing so would be in the public interest (i.e., if we were to suspect that you were using our website in connection with the commission of a crime);
- in connection with a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation of our company;
- if you provide such information to us in connection with a promotion of a good or service offered by a third party, for purposes of such promotion, including, without limitation, sharing such information with that third party;
- to provide you with certain services on our website that are provided by such parties, as reasonably required to provide such services;
- and in the context of working with third-party contractors engaged by us in the provision of our website or related matters.
After we or third parties acting on our behalf disclose your Personal Information to unassociated third parties in such instances, we can no longer control the use or further disclosure of your Personal Information. Consequently, we or third parties acting on our behalf will not be responsible to you for such use or further disclosure.
We and third parties acting on our behalf take precautions involving physical, electronic, and managerial controls to protect from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, and alteration any of your Personal Information in our possession. All our personnel that have access to and are associated with the processing of your Personal Information are obligated to respect the confidentiality of the information. We or third parties acting on our behalf may employ industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer encryption when requesting certain financial Personal Information from you. We or third parties acting on our behalf do not, however, use such encryption during your day-to-day use of our website. You should note that the confidentiality of any information transmitted over the Internet cannot be guaranteed.
Links to Other Sites
To U.S. Users and Non-U.S. Users
This website is hosted in Sweden, a part of the European Union, and owned by a Swedish based company. It operates under Swedish jurisdiction. If you are accessing the website from a jurisdiction with privacy laws or regulations that differ from Swedish laws, you are responsible to comply to your appropriate legislation. Please be advised that through your continued use of the website, you are transferring your Personal Information to the European Union and Sweden, you consent to that transfer.